The majority of our workshops are not publicly advertised due to limited accommodation at our educational centre and because we prefer to connect with people directly. Most of Kōtare’s residential workshops are advised via pānui directly to our members and supporters. If you would like to be on our contact list for regular updates about workshops and other activities, please get in touch with us at email@example.com, with a little information about yourself and the groups or campaigns in which you’re involved.
Some of the topics currently in the planning or consideration process (at October 2020) include:
- Work: The concept of ‘work’ in this time of climate, health and economic crises.
- Organising with unemployed workers: Understanding the past, exploring the future.
- Interrogating creative practice as part of working for transformational change.
- Exploring context, organising and opportunity in the wake of the 2020 general election.
- Becoming traitors to white supremacy: How organisations can address racism issues.
- Structural analysis: What does Kōtare mean when we talk about this? Exploring background, processes and tools from this aspect of our pedagogical practice.
- Annual Summer School, usually over Auckland Anniversary Weekend.
- Community economic development: Deepening awareness and connections.
- Facing the climate crisis: Working for climate justice.
- Sustaining values-based community organisations: Kaupapa, structures & conflict resolution.