Past workshops and events have included:
- Social investment: What does it mean and what should we do about it? Aimed at people working in grassroots tangata whenua and community organisations coming to grips with the meaning of government’s social investment strategy.
- Facilitation and power: Building commonalities while respecting difference. Practical training in facilitation skills combined with an analysis of power in the facilitation dynamic.
- Working with Te Tiriti o Waitangi as tauiwi organisers in community-based social justice and environmental organisations. Deepening our understanding of treaty principles and of how to implement them in practice.
- Kotare Summer School January 2018: Looking ahead and learning to listen. What does it mean to really listen to each other? What can we learn about the best of each other’s organising methods at this time? What is the outlook for our work in 2018?
- A progressive Basic Income (BI or UBI) for Aotearoa New Zealand. An opportunity for people to come together from different perspectives to consider the evolution of this controversial concept at a time when BI is becoming increasingly popularised in mainstream discourse around welfare and work.
- Codesign or cooption? RBA or resistance? Untangling the latest web of community sector theory, practice and jargon.
- Fresh Water and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. An opportunity for tauiwi working on fresh water issues at local and national level to share knowledge about what is going on at present, and to deepen our understanding about the implications of Te Tiriti for organisation and advocacy around fresh water.